Arbor Grove Country Cottage is located on nearly 5 acres in Newberg, Dundee Hills AVA, and in the heart of the Oregon wine country. With an hour to Portland and 200+ wineries nearby, this is truly an adventurer/oenophile's delight.
Surrounded by several acres of wooded and pastoral land and separate from the host's residence down a second driveway, the 2nd story 1 b/r apartment (sleeps 4) is available for the quoted price. A 2nd downstairs b/r (sleeps 2) is available for a nominal fee.
- House Rules and Rental Agreement:
Please read entire 'Description' and 'House Rules' sections before requesting a reservation. We want to do our best to ensure your stay meets your expectations...
Just so there are no surprises:
1) We have three (adorable) resident dogs and also occasionally provide care for up to three additional guest dogs on property
2) We are 8 minutes outside of Newberg's downtown area so you will need a car and it is best to purchase groceries prior to coming our way
3) We have a 2nd bedroom (which sleeps an additional 2). It is in a non-contiguous space with a funky 1/2 bath, including laundry facilities, directly below the main apartment and available for an additional fee - separate from the quoted price which includes the upstairs only. If you are interested in this space let us know and we will modify the reservation to include it
When making a request:
1) Please tell us a little about yourselves
2) Provide the first and last names of each guest. Unless previously approved by us, no additional guests are allowed
3) If you are requesting that your dog join you on vacation we will need the following information at the time of the reservation: Name, Breed, Age, Gender, Size, Fixed (yes or no), Personality (a sentence or two). A copy of their current vaccinations is required prior to check-in
4) Please let us know the day before your visit what time you will be arriving so that we can be available to welcome you
- 1) Check-in time is after 3:00 pm and checkout time is 11:00 am, every day. Generally speaking we cannot accommodate a late checkout (but ask us), as proper time is needed to clean and prepare the space for the next guest. Thank you for your understanding.
- 2) Our main residence is located at the top of the driveway on the left. The apartment is located down the second driveway on the right and is on the 2nd story above the shop. There are 5 steps to the lower deck and 10 additional steps to the upper deck. Lodging includes one bedroom with a queen bed and a pullout queen sofa in the living room. The accommodations are intended for 4 individuals (2 per room). The pullout is best suited for older children versus adults. Inflatable beds are not permitted.
- 3) There is a non-contiguous space with its own entrance available: a second bedroom with a queen bed, funky shop-type 1/2 bath with laundry facility located on the first level. The accommodations are intended for 2 individuals (for a total of 6 both upstairs and down). This bedroom is available for an additional nightly fee, please inquire before use. You are welcome to utilize the washer and dryer during your stay, but please let us know your intentions so that we can ensure proper lighting and heating is available.
- 4) We love dogs! Your friendly, well-behaved dog may be allowed to join you on vacation, but please have a discussion with us first, at time of booking. There is a $10 per night dog fee to cover additional wear and tear as well as to provide a deep cleaning for the next guest. Due to allergies, cats cannot be accommodated.
- a) All dogs must be socialized and non-aggressive towards humans and other dogs alike.
- b) For everyone's safety guests need to provide proof of current vaccinations (Distemper/Parvo, Rabies & Bordetella) prior to check-in. Vet offices can electronically transfer your pup's latest information to our email, which we will keep on file. We also recommend a monthly flea application.
- c) Dogs cannot occupy the apartment without the owner present. When setting out for your day we offer a couple of options: bring your dog with you to share your wonderful adventure or she/he can stay with us for their own holiday. Connect with us through Airbnb and, depending on our availability, request daycare @ $30 for your 1st dog and half price for your 2nd dog. If daycare is added your $10 per night dog fee is waived for that night.
- d) No dogs on the bed please!
- e) Guests, along with their dog, are allowed in all the enclosures on property. For the safety of our animals, please ensure gates throughout the property are secured when/if opened and do not key in the front entrance gate code if dogs are visible on the driveway. Contact our cell phone, which is posted at the front gate, for assistance.
- f) Please respect our property and be a responsible pet owner by picking up after your dog! There is a trashcan and a pooper-scooper type shovel located on the ground floor in the shop. We have also installed Dog Waste Stations (providing disposal bags) just inside and to the right of our two largest enclosures, the tall Douglas fir trees and the pasture.
- 5) We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age or younger unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent over 25 years of age.
- 6) Due to the second story lodging, the apartment is not suitable for those with disabilities or young children (0 - 5).
- 7) There is plenty of parking located under the deck or on the gravel driveway to the right side (North) of the apartment. We ask that you do not block the second entrance/exit gate. Thank you!
- 8) Please be courteous to our neighbors. The entrance road to our property is narrow so you may need to pull off to the side (in a driveway, not a ditch please!) in order for another vehicle to pass.
- 9) Damage (including smoking residue)/theft policy: We do not collect a damage deposit for nightly or weekly stays, however if linens, furniture or electronic/appliances are found missing, or your party has caused damage (including smoke residue) to the property or its contents beyond normal wear and tear, we will contact you within 48 hours of your departure to discuss the situation and your credit card may be subsequently charged the cost of any necessary replacement, repair or cleaning.
10) No matter the length of stay, a one-time only non refundable cleaning fee applies. If you cancel your reservation prior to arrival, this fee is reimbursed.
11) Our cancellation policy follows the Airbnb Moderate plan.
12) The smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke is prohibited.
13) We have recently (9/17) installed a hot tub on property. Please contact us prior to use so that we may prepare it for you. We ask that you follow all 'Hot Tub Safety Guidelines', a document describing the rules, which is available in the apartment's House Manual. Be safe, use common sense and HAVE FUN!