Homely accommodation in a friendly, family household located in a quiet village in north Northumberland, close to the Scottish border. Twin-bedded room sleeps two guests with private entry, own shower room, breakfast in family kichen and ample free parking.
*Entire house, sleeps 6+, available Dec 17. Contact for details.
Our simply furnished yet well-equipped room is annexed to our family home. Situated in the village of Branxton, in rural north Northumberland, the property is close to the Flodden Battlefield. It is an ideal base for short stays and travellers en route to/from Scotland and via the ferry terminal at Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
The ground floor room offers accommodation in two single beds (travel cot also available) with a private shower room and linen and towels provided.
Breakfast can consist of eggs and bacon, porridge, cereal, fresh fruit and homemade bread depending on your preference. Please advise of any special dietary requirements in good time.
There is an infrequent bus service through the village which serves Wooler (11 miles) and Berwick-upon-Tweed (15 miles). The Blue Bell Inn pub is 1.5 miles away and offers good home-cooked food and a choice of real ales. Other hostelries can be found further afield including the Red Lion at Milfield and the Collingwood Arms at Cornhill.
The Scottish border is just 5 miles away and runs along the River Tweed near Coldstream. We can help you arrange salmon and trout fishing on the rivers Tweed and Till or lake fishing for rainbow trout; suggest local walks and along the beaches near Berwick and identify the best country houses and National Trust properties to visit, many just a stone's throw away.
Acesso dos hóspedes
Guests have access to the shared downstairs accommodation including the kitchen and lounge and are welcome to make use of the garden and sit outside when the weather permits.
Interação com os hóspedes
Sue will normally be in residence to welcome guests with a cup of tea or hot drink on arrival. You can interact with the rest if the household as much or as little as you like, though it's normally quite a bustling place in the mornings, especially during term time.
There is plenty of roadside parking and secure storage for bicycles. A travel cot is available at no extra charge for a single child. A reasonably well-behaved dog lives here who loves extra walks with guests!
1. We would appreciate it if guests could arrive no later than 10pm on their first night, unless alternative arrangements have been made. It would also be really helpful if you can give an estimated time of arrival the day before.
2. Living in a relatively peaceful village we do our best to maintain this and try not disturb or inconvenience our neighbours in any way.
3. Please park with consideration in the cul-de-sac (we all have our own spaces). If the space immediately in front of the garden gate is not available then please park on the main road or in the yard at the back of the house in front of the first two garages (accessed alongside No 1).
4. You are welcome to prepare and eat snacks in the kitchen. Fridge space is often very limited so please don't arrive with bagfuls of chilled food and expect to fit it in because it probably won't. Freezer space is usually less of an issue and we will happily refreeze ice blocks for you.
5. In the unfortunate event that you are unable to come please get in touch at the earliest opportunity.
6. We are a TV free household and as such do not have a TV licence. With this in mind super fast broadband (wifi) is free to use on the condition that guests do not stream BBC programmes (live or catch-up) via BBC iPlayer during their stay.