Vacation on the coast of Maine. Watch the sunset over Frenchman's Bay each evening. Hear the loons, enjoy the peace and quiet of nature at its best. Private rocky beach, ten minutes to Schoodic Point and less than an hour to Bar Harbor.
The apartment is in the ground level of a solar home, with its own ocean side entrance and windows overlooking the ocean. *****There is one large open area for sleeping and sitting (a maximum of six people, two queen beds with new mattresses and full futon)*****, with kitchen and private ¾ bath. Linens, towels and cooking/eating utensils are provided. Homeowners may or may not be upstairs during your stay.
Other regional information:
Schoodic Point for scenery, hiking and cycling
Bar Harbor Ferry out of Winter Harbor
Public fresh water beach on Jones and Donnell Pond
Maine state sales tax included.
1. Furnished Rental: This property is furnished and includes a refrigerator, cook top stove, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, portable roasting oven, electric fry pan, kitchen table and chairs, dish wares, pots, pans and other small wares, towels, pillows, sheets and other linens, a futon sleep sofa, easy chairs, two queen size beds, two dressers, occasional tables, nightstands and table lamps. Guests agree to keep the furnishings in good order and use appliances only for their intended uses.
2. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to six (6) persons. People other than those in the Guest party as set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3. Minimum Stay: Specified within Airbnb listing.
4. Access: Guest shall allow the owner’s agents access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Owner’s agents shall exercise the right of access in a reasonable manner.
5. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the premises or used on the beach. At the end of your stay, we encourage guests to leave all linens and towels that have been used in one pile so the Owner’s agents can prepare the rental for re-occupancy. Guests agree to deposit household trash and returnables in the receptacles provided on the exterior of the premises and to close the trash receptacle securely to deter animal or other pests.
6. Insurance: We encourage all guests to purchase travelers insurance. The Owners or Owner’s agents are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest.
7. Space “AS IS”: The guest acknowledges that the premises is in good order and repair and takes premises “as is”. If the premises appear dirty or damaged on Check-In, Guest shall inform owner’s agent immediately. There maybe homeowners and their guests staying in the upper floors.
8. Pets: They are allowed under the following restrictions. Keep pets off of furniture, crate pets when left in the apartment, prevent barking and keep on leash when outside (also for pets protection from wildlife). Picking upi after pets is required as well as curtious.
9. Utilities: Electricity and hot water are provided by the Owner. The following services are not provided: internet, telephone and cable or satellite television.
10. Indemnification: Owner’s or owner’s agent(s) shall not be liable for any damage or injury to the Guests, or any other person or to any property, occurring on the premises or any part thereof, or in common areas thereof. Guest agrees to hold Owner harmless from any claims from damages, no matter how caused. By accepting this reservation and rental agreement, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
11. Holding Over: Any holding over after expiration of the lease term or after the Check-Out Date, with the consent of the Owner, shall be construed as a nightly rental and charged the nightly rental fee of $214 a night. The terms and conditions of this lease will continue to apply
12. Cleaning or Damage Fee: In the event the premises are returned damaged or in a poor condition, or in the case of a pet residing at the premises during the term of this lease, a cleaning or damage fee may be charged to the Guest to prepare the premises for re-occupancy at the rate of $30 per hour. A statement will be sent to the Guest within seven days of the Check-Out Date, payable upon receipt. Owner will waive this fee if premises are returned and if returned in as good condition as received at commencement of this lease.
13. Fireplace or Wood-stove: Guests shall not use the wood-stove or maintain any open flame on the premises or outside decks.
14. No Smoking: Guests acknowledge that smoking is prohibited on the premises or on any outside decks.
15. Illegality – Severability: If any part of this lease is not legal according to local laws, the rest of the lease will be unaffected. Illegal activity of Guests or invitees of Guests on premises constitutes breach of this lease.
16. Parking: Parking is limited to three vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked on the gravel areas and not on any grassy or lawn areas. Parking on the road is not permitted.
I am a semi-retired engineer now taking the time to enjoy the fun things in life. I spend my time woodworking and working with my son.