Welcome to Ría Luz, an intimate hideaway beside the ocean with its own pristine, six-mile stretch of beach. You will share the land with birds, beautiful seasonal flowers, and a breathtaking coastline. Nestled within the biosphere of Río Lagartos, my home was created to sustainably coexist with the environment and the untouched landscape. It is almost three hours away from Cancun airport and two hours from Merida airport. Come relax here at this natural paradise in Playa Kuká.
Ría Luz is perfect for families looking for a unique place to explore, couples desiring a secluded getaway, or anyone wanting to simply relax in a home away from home. Playa Kuká is the most environmentally respectful coastal development in the Yucatán. The house can accommodate up to 6 people and was built to be the least impactive on the surrounding environment. It is completely solar and wind powered.
Please note that this home is not child proof.
About the House:
This home is comprised of two buildings. In the main structure is the living room with a fully equipped kitchen and a master suite with a king bed. The living room has two sofas that can be converted into two twin beds. There is a laundry area with a washer and dryer. Outside, a bridge connects the deck of this building with the adjacent one. The second structure has a suite with a king bed that can be transformed into two twin beds, and an outside shower with its own deck. All decks have beach access. Above the main building is a lounging terrace with an outdoor bed and a bar. From everywhere in the house, there are spectacular views of the sea.
The house is ecologically friendly, completely wind powered, but best for people who want to unplug from their busy lives. The wildlife can be observed by walking along the beach or by tours given by local experts from Río Lagartos. Every summer, hundreds of turtles come to nest in Playa Kuká. The nearby town also offers local food, fresh fish, and guided fishing or bird watching expeditions.
About the Sea:
The sea here is gentle with low waves. Along the beach you can swim and walk along miles of beautiful white sand. There are also opportunities for wind surfing, sailing, guided bird watching tours and fishing expeditions. You can kayak and paddle board through the jungle estuary and, to finish up the day, watch the stunning sunsets from the rooftop terrace.
Acesso dos hóspedes
The entire house is available for guests, except for my painting studio which is on the second floor.
Interação com os hóspedes
There will be someone to welcome you and show you around the house. They will be available to answer your questions and to help with any needs that may arise during your stay. We will also provide a booklet that will detail suggestions and information about activities in and around Playa Kuká and Río Lagartos.
- Bird watching and fishing tours with excellent guides.
- Wonderful swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking.
- There is potable water always available
- There is fresh fish available and convenient stores in Río Lagartos, but the nearest supermarket is 45 minutes away. However, there are a lot of opportunities to make accommodations in regards to food to create a restful experience (for example, we can have the groceries you want waiting for you at your arrival. If that's the case, we will provide a list of options from where you can choose from).
-We are LGBTQ friendly.
- This is a Nature Reserve, so you must be mindful of the natural ecosystems around you. This means no littering or doing anything that could affect the natural life like cutting a path through the plant life.
- Please be mindful of your consumption of water
- No pets
- No smoking
I am an artist and single mom of three living in Boulder, CO, originally from Argentina. I love to travel, and I do it often for work and pleasure. I am still a beginner at using Airbnb. I am easy going, respectful, and enjoy people.
To learn more about me or my work, please visit my website,