This a recently updated bottom unit of a raised shotgun apartment. It's about 650 square feet of interesting and colorful vintage and eclectic décor. A great space good for 2 or 3 people with a cozy and colorful living room with sliding glass doors leading to your own private yard and deck. There's a double bed in the bedroom and daybed with trundle in the living room. Located in the heart of the Bywater, it's close to lots of restaurants, coffee shops, bars and the riverfront Crescent Park.
This is the bottom unit of a raised shotgun apartment. It was probably built in the late 1930s and is about 650 square feet with laminate floors, colorful décor and lots of vintage and eclectic furnishings. The living room features a lovely brick back wall with a non-functional fireplace, with sliding glass doors that look out onto the enclosed private side yard and deck with seating area. The living room has a day bed with a trundle (2 twin beds) that can accommodate 2 adults or 2 older children but the apartment isn't really set up for toddlers or very young kids. The large utility room features a brand new washer and dryer. The kitchen has a vintage 1950s dinette table and has a fridge, gas range, dishwasher, microwave and all the necessary implements you’d need for cooking or baking if that’s your thing. The bedroom has a 1930s waterfall bedroom set. The bed is full sized (smaller than a queen). There is an alcove off of the bedroom with cabinets. The alcove leads to a very small but functional bathroom with a shower stall. The bathroom can really only accommodate 1 person at a time, it's pretty tiny. The side yard features a large wooden deck with some outdoor furniture for chilling. The yard also features a state-park style charcoal grill. There is charcoal and BBQ supplies in the utility room. There is another very old and damaged house that shares the side yard. It is currently vacant but is slated next for renovation. The top apartment in this house is also listed on airbnb and is titled “Freshly Renovated Bywater Apartment.” https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18485516 It can accommodate 2 people. We offer a small discount if you want to rent the entire house (top and bottom apartments) but this is NOT a party house. Please respect our neighbors and keep the noise down.
Acesso dos hóspedes
The side yard is not a shared space, it's only for this apartment, meaning it's all yours. We live adjacent to the property - the back of our house is the wall of your side yard. We are close by if you have any questions or issues.
Número de licença ou registro
Saiba mais sobre este número
- This is not a party house!!! Please keep the noise down and be respectful to our neighbors.
- We live adjacent to the property. The back of our house and our 2nd floor porch is the side wall of your private yard. We are available to address any questions or tend to any issues. We sometimes travel for work so if we are not around our representative will be available to you.
- I have this apartment listed as not suitable for children up to 12 years old, but it would be okay for children over the age of 7 or 8.
- The top apartment in this house (for two people) is also listed on airbnb. We offer a small discount if you want to rent both apartments (the whole house). The top apartment listing is "Freshly Renovated Bywater Apartment." But again, this is not a party house.
- Since there is an apartment above you, if someone is staying in it you might hear faint or muffled movement above.
Esse anfitrião tem 8 comentários de outras propriedades.Ver outros comentários
We are originally from New York and London but have lived in New Orleans for 25+ and 35+ years respectively. We work in film and music and love our city. We love to travel and do it often for work and pleasure. We like to stay in airbnbs all over the world and love to reciprocate by having our two apartments in New Orleans available for other travelers through Airbnb. A home away from home beats a hotel any day in our humble opinion.